BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday accused BJP and SP of having a tacit understanding ahead of the Lok Sabha polls to polarise voters saying Muslims have suffered due to communal violence both in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh.
She also attacked Congress for “rampant corruption”, spiraling prices and not doing enough for minorities, backwards and poor. But at the same time she skirted an attack on Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
“In his rally in Allahabad on Sunday, Mulayam Singh Yadav accused Narendra Modi on the issue of post-Godhra riots. We also agree that the issue should be raised. But it is the same Allahabad where in SP’s previous regime communal flareup took place and girls were sexually assaulted. There was no justice for the victims. Yadav made no mention of it,” she told a press conference here.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mayawati alleged that BJP and SP have a tacit understanding to polarise the voters in UP ahead of general elections. “But I am sure the Muslims will see through the game… in fact they (BJP and SP) are in the same boat. Chor chor mausere bhai (two thieves are cousins),” she claimed.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said BJP President Rajnath Singh’s remarks that he was ready to apologise to Muslims for any mistake will have little impact as “most of the Gujarat riot victims were Muslims who are yet to recover from the trauma”.
She said around 150 incidents of communal riots have taken place in Uttar Pradesh during the present SP regime. “The victims of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli are yet to recover,” she said. When asked why she was silent on Rahul who too had been attacking BSP in UP, Mayawati said since he has not been declared Congress’ PM candidate, she would “not be able to comment on him”.
She also claimed that SP leaders have divided themselves into various “camps” to loot Uttar Pradesh.