BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday accused BJP and SP of having a tacit understanding ahead of the Lok Sabha polls to polarise voters saying Muslims have suffered due to communal violence both in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh.
She also attacked Congress for “rampant corruption”, spiraling prices and not doing enough for minorities, backwards and poor. But at the same time she skirted an attack on Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
“In his rally in Allahabad on Sunday, Mulayam Singh Yadav accused Narendra Modi on the issue of post-Godhra riots. We also agree that the issue should be raised. But it is the same Allahabad where in SP’s previous regime communal flareup took place and girls were sexually assaulted. There was no justice for the victims. Yadav made no mention of it,” she told a press conference here.
Mayawati alleged that BJP and SP have a tacit understanding to polarise the voters in UP ahead of general elections. “But I am sure the Muslims will see through the game… in fact they (BJP and SP) are in the same boat. Chor chor mausere bhai (two thieves are cousins),” she claimed.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said BJP President Rajnath Singh’s remarks that he was ready to apologise to Muslims for any mistake will have little impact as “most of the Gujarat riot victims were Muslims who are yet to recover from the trauma”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
She said around 150 incidents of communal riots have taken place in Uttar Pradesh during the present SP regime. “The victims of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli are yet to recover,” she said. When asked why she was silent on Rahul who too had been attacking BSP in UP, Mayawati said since he has not been declared Congress’ PM candidate, she would “not be able to comment on him”.
She also claimed that SP leaders have divided themselves into various “camps” to loot Uttar Pradesh.