The BJP on Wednesday hit back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi for her remarks on “increase” in communal incidents in the country after it came to power, saying the charges were “baseless” and an outcome of the party’s “desperation”.
“The Congress is levelling completely baseless charges and we completely reject this. They (charges) are politically motivated,” BJP leader and Union Minister Prakash Javadekar told reporters outside Parliament House.
“In fact, the Congress is the most communal party and has a communal agenda of vote-bank politics. It has allied with All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) in Hyderabad and Muslim League (in Kerela),” he said.
The party was reacting to Sonia’s charge that there has been an “alarming increase” in number of communal incidents since it came to power and asked partymen to resist its “authoritarian and sectarian” tendencies.
Javadekar said the comments reflected the “desperation” of the Congress.
“People have whole-heartedly rejected the Congress. The comments are because its desperation is on the rise,” the Minister said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched