Opposition BJP on Friday came down heavily on outgoing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for “plunging Bihar into a crisis” merely due to his “deep hatred” for Narendra Modi and said saffron triumph would be complete in the state only with a victory in next year’s Assembly poll.
Starting a debate on the trust vote moved by new Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi at a special session of Bihar Assembly, leader of opposition Nand Kishore Yadav said change of guard in Bihar was a “side effect” of BJP’s victory in the Lok Sabha poll.
“Even as Narendra Modi has not taken oath as Prime Minister ‘ache din’ (good days) have arrived for you by becoming Chief Minister,” Yadav told Manjhi reminding him that he owed his chair to BJP PM designate.
“Had Nitish Kumar not be dealt this blow in the general election he would have never resigned to make way for you to become the CM,” he told Manjhi.
The Opposition leader contested Kumar’s claim of high moral ground by resigning and hoisting a dalit to CM chair and said “it was ‘dharam sankat’ (difficult choice) for you to greet Narendra Modi as PM with bouquet and receive him so you chose an escape route.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Amid exchange of barbs between BJP and JD(U) members, Yadav took potshots at the efforts towards realignment of JD(U), RJD and Congress against BJP in the state for the sake of power.