Slamming the Congress for enacting a “political drama” over the Telangana issue, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday asserted that his party would certainly support the statehood bill in Parliament, but with certain riders.
BJP would support the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill “without compromising on the basic principles” and only after securing “justice to all,” he said.
Lashing out at Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh for his statement that the Bill, which stipulates creation of Telangana state, would get Parliament’s nod if the BJP co-operated, Naidu said, “You never consult…you want to insult. What is this political tamasha (drama)?”
Addressing the state executive committee meeting of BJP this afternoon, the Rajya Sabha MP said that the Congress had no right to question his party over the statehood issue.
“The Prime Minister proposes and the (AP) Chief Minister rejects. The Congress delayed a decision on Telangana for ten years calculating votes and percentages that will accrue to it. Is it a party at all?” Naidu said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
While 1,000 youths lost their lives in Telangana for the cause of a separate state, 350 died in Seemandhra for a united state.
“Is not the Congress responsible for this? Now they are building temples for Sonia Gandhi and hailing her as the mother of Telangana. What is this tamasha going on in the state?” the former Union Minister asked.
Referring to Singh’s remarks that they permitted the Andhra Pradesh Congress leaders to “defeat” the Telangana Bill in the State Legislature, Naidu said that there could not be a more ridiculous claim than this.
Asserting that the BJP, which favours creation of smaller states, would not go back on Telangana, Naidu urged the Centre to address the concerns of both the regions.
“We want justice to be done without compromising on the basic principles. We are ready to support the Bill in Parliament,” he said.