BJP on Friday slammed the Delhi Government for its attempts to get the anti-corruption legislation Jan Lokpal passed “unconstitutionally” and suggested it to strengthen existing Lokayukta in the state to check graft.
“This government is pushing Jan Lokpal deliberately in an unconstitutional manner re-strengthening the fact that AAP favours anarchy and pays scant regard to the constitutional authorities,” BJP state president Vijay Goel said.
“There is already a Lokayukta in Delhi and a Lokpal Bill has been passed by Parliament. There is no need for the AAP govt to push for Jan Lokpal Bill. Instead it should focus on strengthening the existing Lokayukta for which there is enough scope and need. This would help to curb the corruption effectively,” he said.
Goel also met Delhi Bar Council officials to push for its demand for cancelling license of Law Minister Somnath Bharti.
“The next date for the hearing has been fixed for March 7,” a release issued by Delhi BJP President’s office said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016