BJP on Friday slammed the Delhi Government for its attempts to get the anti-corruption legislation Jan Lokpal passed “unconstitutionally” and suggested it to strengthen existing Lokayukta in the state to check graft.
“This government is pushing Jan Lokpal deliberately in an unconstitutional manner re-strengthening the fact that AAP favours anarchy and pays scant regard to the constitutional authorities,” BJP state president Vijay Goel said.
“There is already a Lokayukta in Delhi and a Lokpal Bill has been passed by Parliament. There is no need for the AAP govt to push for Jan Lokpal Bill. Instead it should focus on strengthening the existing Lokayukta for which there is enough scope and need. This would help to curb the corruption effectively,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Goel also met Delhi Bar Council officials to push for its demand for cancelling license of Law Minister Somnath Bharti.
“The next date for the hearing has been fixed for March 7,” a release issued by Delhi BJP President’s office said.