- The Big Picture: What’s AAP
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Bus from Burari laden with volunteers and hope
- Rare day out for AAP families
- Riot of support for AAP in communal hot spots
- Hunt on for CM house, will not accept Z-plus security
- No word from high command, Delhi Congress in a paralysis
- Latest News
- Second time at Ramlila Maidan: Hope overrides their doubts
- Kejriwal has no portfolio, will keep an eye on others
- In sea of white caps, BJP troika plans to be ‘forceful opposition’
- MP, MLA see Punjab as the next AAP stop
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Arvind Kejriwal repeats his advice to sting the corrupt, asks police to act against ‘goondagardi’
- Proud that one of our volunteers has become Delhi CM: Anna Hazare
- Arvind Kejriwal not to keep any portfolio
- Now an Aam Aadmi Party Cola by beverage-maker inspired by Arvind Kejriwal’s party
- New chief minister Arvind Kejriwal holds meetings at Delhi Secretariat
- Cong’s Ajay Maken blames Sheila Dikshit for Delhi polls debacle
- Left, right, AAP
BJP rubbishes Geelani’s claim, calls ‘Modi emissary talk’ as ‘false and mischievous’
“The BJP strongly condemns the mischievous, false, motivated and completely irresponsible statement by Geelani that two alleged representatives of Modi had met him. It is categorically denied that anyone for or on behalf of Narendra Modi ever met Geelani,” BJP deputy leader in Rajya Sabh Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Saturday.
Prasad, in this context, reminded about BJP’s clear position on Jammu and Kashmir to dismiss speculations about party’s revisionist stance towards separatists in the wake of Geelani’s claims.
“BJP’s view is well known that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India which is not negotiable. Separatists like Geelani, in fact, have sought to suppress the aspiration of people of Jammu and Kashmir especially the youth of better governance and development which BJP is committed to,” Prasad castigated separatists indicating BJP’s antagonism towards separatists.
Late night, BJP rejected the claims on its twitter handle.
“BJP categorically denies claims made by Geelani that our PM candidate Shri @narendramodi sent emissaries to meet him. False & mischievous claim,” BJP asserted in a post on its twitter handle (@BJP4India) to reject Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Gilani’s claims made Friday.
In a statement issued Saturday morning, the BJP questioned the credibility of Geelani’s claims and asserted that separatist leader’s claims were “a bunch of lies with malicious intent”.
“It is being reported in certain sections of the media that the NDA’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi sent emissaries to meet Syed Ali Shah Geelani. These reports are based on certain statements by Geelani himself. The BJP categorically rejects these reports. They are mischievous, without basis and are aimed at creating confusion among people. Geelani’s statements are nothing but a bunch of lies with malicious intent,” BJP statement said.
Rejecting Grelani’s claim, the BJP statement also sought to stress saffron party’s unsympathetic outlook towards separatist leaders.
“No emissary has either tried to meet or met Geelani to discuss the Kashmir issue. On the Kashmir issue, the BJP’s stand is very clear- that Kashmir is an integral part of India and there cannot be any room for deliberations on this. The BJP has also time and again condemned the negative role played by leaders such as S A R Geelani, whose politics is a threat to the aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir,” BJP statement said asserting its no negotiation stance towards separatists.
The BJP, in this context, dared Geelani either to substantiate his claims or apologise to the country.
“If Geelani has made these claims, the onus lies on him to present the complete picture and name who were these individuals who met him on behalf of Shri Modi. If he fails to do so, which we are sure he will, he should apologize to the people of India,” BJP demanded deploring local Kashmir parties giving credence to these claims with an eye on Lok Sabha elections.
“The BJP also condemns the manner in which elected representatives and those who hold important offices, most notably from Kashmir are encouraging such lies only to serve their political interests as they fear a crushing defeat in the ongoing Lok Sabha Election,” BJP said.