Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP),Rashtriya Swayaksevak Sangh (RSS),Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and other Sangh outfits held a meeting at New Delhi on Sunday to discuss coordination strategy in preparation for Lok Sabha polls,amid hectic efforts to evolve consensus on naming Narendra Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
The two-day conclave began against the backdrop of RSS’ remarks yesterday that it has conveyed its opinion to BJP on the Prime Ministerial candidate for the next elections.
RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat had held a meeting with senior BJP leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj- who are opposed to Modi being made PM candidate- to reach a consensus on his name.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi,being widely seen as the probable PM candidate,was present in the meeting.
BJP sources said though the PM candidate issue is not on the agenda at the conclave,hectic efforts are on to arrive at a consensus on Modi’s name.
His supporters claim a final decision may be taken before September 20.
RSS was represented by General Secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi and Joint General Secretaries Suresh Soni and Dattatreya Hosbole while Praveen Togadia of VHP was also present.
The conclave is discussing the issues that need to be taken to the people from the block level upwards. It will also chalk out strategy for better coordination between Sangh organisations,they said.
The Sangh outfits plan to carry out programmes to reach out to all sections- minorities,SC,OBCs,tribals,women and the young- in tandem.
Among other issues,the VHP’s recent yatra in UP which was not allowed by the state government and the incidents of communal riots causing polarisation of communities also came up for discussion.
Some announcements about the programmes are likely on Monday.
BJP,RSS and the Sangh affiliate organisations are upbeat about the party’s prospects in the next elections after two consecutive defeats in 2004 and 2009.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Goa CM Manohar Parrikar are likely to participate tomorrow. Modi is flying back on Sunday night.