BJP did not buy the Election Commission’s plea that Narendra Modi was not given permission to hold a rally in Varanasi on security concerns and said had EC taken immediate action at its level it could have saved such a situation.
The party also said while other leaders like Rahul Gandhi, who is a step above Modi on security threats, were given permission to campaign, its prime ministerial candidate was denied permission to do so even in the constituency where he was contesting.
“Had Election Commission taken immediate action at its level, it could have saved the situation from coming to this level,” BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said.
The statement came a day after the party protested against the decision of the poll authorities not to allow Modi to hold a rally in Varanasi’s Beniya Bagh area.
On the security threat issue, Trivedi said “if Rahul Gandhi, who is a step above Modi on the security threat, and Akhilesh Yadav can get permission to hold their functions, then why is Modi not allowed to campaign in his own constituency? It is a serious issue.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
To a question on whether the snoopgate issue was over for BJP after UPA government decided not to appoint a judge to probe the incident, he said “snoopgate was never an issue.”
The BJP leader said Gujarat government has already set up a Commission to probe the issue.