The BJP on Sunday dissociated itself from its Bihar party leader Giriraj Singh’s remarks that the place for those who oppose Narendra Modi was in Pakistan. Meanwhile, even as an FIR was lodged against him in Deoghar district of Jharkhand, Singh, the BJP’s candidate from Nawada, said he stood by his statement.
“I have examined the video footage of his speech and found that its content was communal and anti-national in nature,” said Deoghar Deputy Commissioner Ameet Kumar.
Addressing a public meeting at Godda (Jharkhand) on Friday, Singh had said, “Woh log Narendra Modi ko rokna chahate hain, woh Pakistan dekh rahe hain. Aane wale dino mein aise logon ke liye jagah Hindustan mein nahi, Jharkhand mein nahi, parantu Pakistan mein hoga (Those who want to stop Narendra Modi are looking to Pakistan for support. In the coming days, there won’t be place for such people in India, in Jharkhand because their place will be in Pakistan).”
Sources said BJP president Rajnath Singh had expressed his disapproval and reminded that such remarks have no place in a healthy democracy. Senior Bihar BJP leader and former deputy chief minister Sushil Modi tweeted, “The BJP does not approve of the irresponsible statement given by Giriraj Singh”.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman endorsed Sushil Modi’s stand but refused to elaborate on whether the party would act against him. Narendra Modi chose to remain silent on the issue.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016