Training her guns on BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Sunday warned the people against the “politics of hatred” propagated by the opposition party and asked them not to be swayed by “false promises” and big talk.
“The Opposition, particularly the BJP, are going round the country indulging in big talk but what did their government do when they were in power at the Centre? There is a big difference between talking and working”, Sonia told an election rally in Lakhimpur town. The BJP and its leadership is “propagating the politics of hatred,” she said.
She asked the people not to be swayed by the “false promises of the opposition but be guided by their own good sense and take a decision to support the Congress and vote for their candidates.”
On the other hand, the Congress has strengthened the country’s ‘Ganga-Jamuna’ culture, she said.
“We do not make false promises. What we promise, we deliver. The Congress believes in ‘Har Haath Shakti, Har Haath Tarakki (Each hand is power, each hand is progress)’,” she added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016