Expressing satisfaction at the creation of Telangana, BJP today said it will continue to fight for the concerns of Seemandhra region and promised to extend the Special Category Status to it for 10 years instead of the present five years announced by the government.
BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu questioned the silence of Congress party over not taking up the issue of Telangana creation for years and coming up with a bill in this regard only three months ahead of elections.
He said BJP had proposed to the Prime Minister to extend the concessions to Seemandhra region for 10 years, to compensate it for loss of Hyderabad, but it was granted for only five years. He also promised that after coming to power his party would extend the special status.
“I assure you that we will extend the special category concessions to Seemandhra for 10 years. We will extend the concessions when we will come to power,” he said.
The BJP leader from Andhra Pradesh appealed to people of both the regions to maintain peace after bifurcation of the state and assured them of taking care of the interests of both if his party is voted to power.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We have no doubt that BJP will come to power. We appeal to people of both the regions. Now, division has become a reality. Let us reconcile to the fact and take advantage of whatever concessions that are given. We know you are not fully satisfied. We will make you satisfied shortly.
“In three months, this government will be out…BJP will be coming to power and we will try to do full justice to both the regions of the state…Forget the past and move forward. Seemandhra also has potentiality to become a strong state.”
He also said he was a little unhappy that Parliament and the government could not do justice to the Seemandhra region, and claimed it was due to BJP pressure that some concessions and package for Seemandhra region could be announced.
He said the BJP “took extra pains” and made meaningful suggestions for the benefit of Seemandhra region and compensate it for the loss of Hyderabad.