A pre-poll survey projected Naredra Modi-led BJP sweeping Gujarat, Rajasthan and Karnataka and the party-led NDA giving a big jolt to ruling Congress-NCP alliance in Maharashtra in the Lok Sabha elections.
The NDTV-Hansa Research survey, which released the electoral projections of 319 seats in 12 states on Thursday, says AIADMK is projected to win 27 out of 39 Lok Sabha seats. It has predicted only 10 seats for DMK. Out of 319 seats, the survey gives NDA 166, UPA 52, others 85.
The survey predicted BJP-Shiv Sena alliance is likely to win 33 seats out of 48 seats while Congress’ tally is projected to come down to 12 – a loss of 13 Lok Sabha seats from the 2009 position.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
It also says Raj Thackarey’s MNS is likely to win one seat in the Lok Sabha polls. The poll projects 23 seats to BJP in Gujarat’s 26 Lok Sabha constituencies and 21 seats in Karnataka (out of total 28 seats) by staging a comeback from the poor show in last year’s assembly polls there.
In Madhya Pradesh, BJP is projected to sweep 24 out of 29 seats and the survey gives only four seats to Congress in the BJP-ruled state.
According to the survey, BJP-LJP alliance in Bihar is likely to win 23 seats of 40 Lok Sabha seats. While the survey gives 11 seats to Congress-RJD alliance, ruling JD(U) is projected to win just 5 Lok Sabha seats.
Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress is projected to win 32 of 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal. The Left parties are projected to get only 9 seats–6 less than the last time and Congress one.
The survey also predicted emergence of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi after its stunning show in assembly polls. According to it, the Arvind Kejriwal led party is likely to win four of the seven seats in Delhi, BJP 2 and Congress one.
The survey says 42 per cent of Indians backed Narendra Modi as the leading choice for the next Prime Minister. Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi emerged as the second choice with support of 27 per cent of people.