Newly appointed BJP President Amit Shah arrived in Nagpur on Friday to a warm reception on his maiden visit to the city, where he will be meeting the RSS leadership.
Shah was received here at the airport by Maharashtra BJP President Davendra Phadanvis, Leader of Opposition in State Legislative Council, Vinod Tawade, along with Ajay Sancheti, MP, Banwarilal Purohit, former MP and local legislators Sudhakar Deshmukh, Krishna Khopde, Vinod Kumbhare, Chandrashekhar Bawankule and others.
Following this, the BJP chief drove straight to offer floral tributes to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar at ‘Deekshabhoomi’ where he was received by office bearers of Dr Ambedkar Smarak Samiti, Vilas Godghate and Sudhir Fulzele.
He later held a luncheon meeting with Phadanvis, Tawade, Khaopde, Deshmukh, Pankaja Munde and others at Dharampeth.
Shah will also be visiting RSS headquarters in Mahal and also the ‘Smruti Mandir’ in Reshimbagh to meet the RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat and General Secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The meeting assumes significance in view of the forthcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra.
Shah has already held a meeting with Core Committee members of State BJP in Delhi as the first round of discussion with state leaders early this week.
This will be the second round of talks in presence of RSS leaders. He, however did not speak to the media on his arrival.