Newly appointed BJP President Amit Shah arrived in Nagpur on Friday to a warm reception on his maiden visit to the city, where he will be meeting the RSS leadership.
Shah was received here at the airport by Maharashtra BJP President Davendra Phadanvis, Leader of Opposition in State Legislative Council, Vinod Tawade, along with Ajay Sancheti, MP, Banwarilal Purohit, former MP and local legislators Sudhakar Deshmukh, Krishna Khopde, Vinod Kumbhare, Chandrashekhar Bawankule and others.
Following this, the BJP chief drove straight to offer floral tributes to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar at ‘Deekshabhoomi’ where he was received by office bearers of Dr Ambedkar Smarak Samiti, Vilas Godghate and Sudhir Fulzele.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
He later held a luncheon meeting with Phadanvis, Tawade, Khaopde, Deshmukh, Pankaja Munde and others at Dharampeth.
Shah will also be visiting RSS headquarters in Mahal and also the ‘Smruti Mandir’ in Reshimbagh to meet the RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat and General Secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi.
The meeting assumes significance in view of the forthcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra.
Shah has already held a meeting with Core Committee members of State BJP in Delhi as the first round of discussion with state leaders early this week.
This will be the second round of talks in presence of RSS leaders. He, however did not speak to the media on his arrival.