BJP’s election committee meet on Thursday could be a heated affair as the party is expected to discuss the candidates for the remaining seats for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. Among the names to be discussed will be Narendra Modi and whether he will contest from UP or Gujarat, or both states. If Modi is fielded from Varanasi, senior party member MM Joshi could be given the ticket from Kanpur.
There are reports that the party is also planning to field BJP president Rajnath Singh from Lucknow.
On Saturday, the party had released its second list of 52 candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, including the name of former Karnataka Chief Minister B.S Yeddyurappa, who had to quit the BJP in the wake of corruption charges.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing