BSP supremo Mayawati on Monday hit out at the BJP alleging that the saffron party opposed the Mandal Commission recommendations for the uplift and reservations for Dalits.
“BJP hates Dalits and backwards. When recommendations of Mandal commission were being implemented in the country at that time BJP opposed it,” she alleged while addressing an election rally in support of party candidate Lalji Verma.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister accused the BJP of “conspiring” to abolish reservations for Dalits on the pretext of constitutional review. She further alleged that if BJP comes to power, reservations would be abolished.
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
Mayawati also alleged that the Congress party never gave respect to Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar. She said when the BSP demanded Bharat Ratna for Babasaheb, Congress took no action.
Attacking the ruling Samajwadi Party, Mayawati said “government of goons and mafias” was running in the state and there have been several incidents of crime during their rule.
Mayawati said, “those parties which issue manifesto, 50 per cent of the promises made by them are not implemented.
This is the reason BSP do not issue manifesto. It believes in delivering.”