Ahead of Narendra Modi’s scheduled public rally Bhubaneshwar on February 11, the party Tuesday set up a “NaMo Tea Stall” here to give a message that the leader hailed from a very humble background.
While one NaMo Tea Stall was inaugurated in front of the BJP state headquarters Bhubaneshwar, the party plans to have such facility in each ward of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation area.
“Some 50 stalls are likely to be opened before the rally,” said Amiya Das, a senior leader adding that similar stalls will be opened in different parts of the state as well.
A cup of tea is being sold at the rate of Rs two which is less by Rs three a cup in the market, said Dinabandu Sah, a customer in the NaMo Tea Stall.
Modi will have chat with customers of NaMo Tea Stall soon, Das said adding that the party was expecting congregation of more than two lakh people in the rally.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile, the party leaders conducted “Bhoomi Puja” at Barmunda Ground, the venue of Modi’s public meeting. The party leaders went ahead with construction of the stage for Modi’s February 11 rally, a party said in a statement.
The BJP’s women’s wing members also launched a ‘mehndi’ campaign to create awareness by writing “NaMo” and drawing the party’s Lotus symbol on their palms.