- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
BJP objects to book on Praful Patel carrying Narendra Modi’s picture
BJP has filed a complaint with the Election Commission in connection with a book showcasing the work done by Union Minister and NCP leader Praful Patel as it features a photograph of Narendra Modi.
The photograph shows Patel with Modi at a function. BJP alleged that it was an attempt by Patel to take “advantage of the popular appeal” of the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate.
The book, titled ‘Vikasnama’ (story of development), was published by Citizen Sports Society, Gondia. Edited by Rajesh Khandelwal, it was brought out on the occasion of Patel’s birthday on February 17, 2014.
Apart from articles on Patel, the NCP candidate from Bhandara–Gondia Lok Sabha constituency, the book contains photographs of him with political leaders and industrialists.
According to the complaint, filed by BJP’s Shrikant Bhartiya with the state election authorities, Patel is attempting to cash in on Modi’s popularity and mislead the voters.
However, NCP leader Ashok Gupta termed it as a non-issue, pointing out that the book contains photographs of Patel with several other leaders.
Gupta also said that the book was published before the model code of conduct came into force.