BJP has filed a complaint with the Election Commission in connection with a book showcasing the work done by Union Minister and NCP leader Praful Patel as it features a photograph of Narendra Modi.
The photograph shows Patel with Modi at a function. BJP alleged that it was an attempt by Patel to take “advantage of the popular appeal” of the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate.
The book, titled ‘Vikasnama’ (story of development), was published by Citizen Sports Society, Gondia. Edited by Rajesh Khandelwal, it was brought out on the occasion of Patel’s birthday on February 17, 2014.
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
Apart from articles on Patel, the NCP candidate from Bhandara–Gondia Lok Sabha constituency, the book contains photographs of him with political leaders and industrialists.
According to the complaint, filed by BJP’s Shrikant Bhartiya with the state election authorities, Patel is attempting to cash in on Modi’s popularity and mislead the voters.
However, NCP leader Ashok Gupta termed it as a non-issue, pointing out that the book contains photographs of Patel with several other leaders.
Gupta also said that the book was published before the model code of conduct came into force.