BJP has filed a complaint with the Election Commission in connection with a book showcasing the work done by Union Minister and NCP leader Praful Patel as it features a photograph of Narendra Modi.
The photograph shows Patel with Modi at a function. BJP alleged that it was an attempt by Patel to take “advantage of the popular appeal” of the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate.
The book, titled ‘Vikasnama’ (story of development), was published by Citizen Sports Society, Gondia. Edited by Rajesh Khandelwal, it was brought out on the occasion of Patel’s birthday on February 17, 2014.
Apart from articles on Patel, the NCP candidate from Bhandara–Gondia Lok Sabha constituency, the book contains photographs of him with political leaders and industrialists.
According to the complaint, filed by BJP’s Shrikant Bhartiya with the state election authorities, Patel is attempting to cash in on Modi’s popularity and mislead the voters.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, NCP leader Ashok Gupta termed it as a non-issue, pointing out that the book contains photographs of Patel with several other leaders.
Gupta also said that the book was published before the model code of conduct came into force.