- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
BJP MLA Hukum Singh files nomination from Kairana LS seat
BJP leader Hukum Singh has filed his nomination papers from Kairana Lok Sabha seat. Singh, after filing his nomination papers, told reporters that his main poll issue will be development.
The BJP MLA had earlier stirred controversy by saying that he would oppose riot refugees from voting in his constituency Kairana as they were living “illegally” on government land.
Singh was among the 16 politicians and community leaders who were accused of inciting violence through inflammatory speeches in Muzaffarnagar and had been briefly under arrest.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in riots that had taken place in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
The elections in UP are scheduled to be held in six phases. The Kairana Lok Sabha constituency goes to poll on April 10.