Charging Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) with violating law by bringing out its manifesto on a day when polling for Lok Sabha polls is underway and seeking votes in the name of religion by mentioning Ram Temple in Ayodhya, Congress Monday asked the Election Commission to take action against the party.
“The release of manifesto today is completely in violation of the provisions of the Representation of the People Act and the instructions issued by the Election Commission,” a memorandum submitted to the poll body by Congress said.
The Congress complaint also said the BJP manifesto has referred to the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya which was against the secular structure of the country.
“Even the Model Code of Conduct prescribed by the Commission is violated since the purpose is to seek votes in the name of the religion and religious place,” the memorandum signed by Congress leader Motilal Vora said.
Interestingly, the Congress memorandum said as per new guidelines for political parties and candidates, “It was incumbent on the BJP to have declared its manifesto, a vision document of their policies, even before the announcement of the elections by the EC for constitution of 16th Lok Sabha.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The Congress too released its manifesto on March 26, though the schedule for the Lok Sabha elections was announced on March 5.