- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
BJP manifesto completely in tune with RSS agenda: CPI
Communist Party of India (CPI) Monday said BJP’s manifesto was completely in tune with the agenda of RSS, which has now come out in the open to lead the principal opposition party.
“Issues like the Ram temple, Article 370 and Common Civil Code were not on the original agenda when Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the Prime Minister. BJP had then floated the national agenda for governance which did not contain these issues.
“Now BJP moving away from that position shows RSS has taken over. So, it is nothing but the RSS agenda which has been put in the BJP manifesto. RSS is dictating what BJP should do,” party National Secretary D Raja said.
Observing that Narendra Modi was RSS nominee and not of BJP, he claimed that the BJP was “going through an ideological and organisational crisis with RSS taking over. One can presume that this was one of the reasons for the delay in bringing out the manifesto.”
On economic and foreign policies, Raja said it showed BJP was no different from Congress. “It is on the same plank of supporting big business, corporates and international finance capital,” he said.