Taking a dig at BJP’s manifesto, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday said it is “nothing but just a carbon copy” of Congress manifesto.
“The BJP manifesto is just a carbon copy of Congress manifesto. They are talking about those developmental issues on which we are already working on,” Gogoi told reporters. Congress is already implementing many grassroots projects under schemes like Right to Education, Right to Food, Right to Employment and now Right to Shelter, he said.
“BJP is just changing the name here and there. Narendra Modi is a big marketeer. It is only a publicity gimmick. There is no Modi wave,” Gogoi said. On delay in releasing the manifesto by BJP, he said the opposition party did not have any decisive strategy and was very confused about their own ideology.
“Modi is campaigning to be the most decisive man, but he failed to bring out the manifesto on time. It never happened in BJP history. When they released it yesterday, people of Assam and Tripura were voting. They had every right to know BJP’s agenda,” he said.
On Uniform Civil Code in BJP manifesto, Gogoi said India was a pluralistic country and it was impossible to have one code in the entire nation. Talking about polling for five seats on Monday in Assam, Gogoi said it was peaceful and people came out in large numbers despite it being the ‘raising day’ of banned ULFA.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It is an indication that complete peace has returned to Assam. It is the success of people of Assam. They have rejected terrorism and ULFA,” he said. He also said Congress would win all the five seats.