- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
BJP likely to release party manifesto on April 3
BJP is likely to release on April 3 its manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls and it is expected to focus on reforms, good governance and strengthening of security appartus.
The 50-page document is titled ‘Ek Bharat, Sreshth Bharat’ (one India, foremost India), according to BJP sources. The manifesto will be focusing on bringing the economy back on track and, at the same time, providing relief to the common man, they said.
The stamp of BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is expected to be on the manifesto with major focus on infrastructure development, growth of services and manufacturing sector, the sources said.
Ram temple in Ayodhya, a pet issue of BJP, though will find a mention, it is unlikely to be given too much emphasis in the manifesto. The middle-class and the young voters are also expected to find a special mention in the poll document.
The manifesto committee has taken inputs from various fields including experts views to finalise it. It will also highlight the “failure” of the Congress-led government on all fronts, the sources said.