The BJP Legislature Party in Gujarat will meet here on May 21 to elect its new leader to replace Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who is all set to be the
country’s next Prime Minister.
The party’s central leadership has appointed senior leader Thavar Chand Gehlot as its central observer along with Gujarat state party in-charge Om Mathur, who would also be present at the meeting of BJP MLAs, where names for the post of chief minister will be discussed, BJP office bearers said on Sunday.
Those in the race for the top post include senior minister Anandi Patel, BJP General Secretary Amit Shah, ministers Nitin Patel and Saurabh Patel, besides BJP General Secretary Bhikubhai Dalsania.
Party sources, however, said Modi would have the last word on who would replace him. Meanwhile, a special session of the state Assembly will be held on May 21 to bid farewell to Modi, who is expected to tender his resignation as chief minister soon after attending the session.
Modi became the chief minister for the first time on October 7, 2001 and won three consecutive terms. He is also scheduled to address a rally on May 20 in
Maninagar, his assembly constituency.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More