- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
BJP leaders under threat will be given security: Sushilkumar Shinde
Allaying concerns of BJP that their leaders were under threat, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday assured the party that they will be provided security.
He said this after a BJP delegation led by Ravi Shankar Prasad met him and urged him to ensure security of BJP leaders during the Lok Sabha elections.
“All BJP leaders who are under threat will be provided security,” Shinde told reporters after the meeting.
Prasad said they raised the issue of terror threat to BJP leaders and requested him to ensure fool-proof security to them during campaigning.
“There are some elements who want to hamper election process. We told him to ensure proper security,” he said.
The Home Minister, however, said the government has no information about possible threat to them from terror groups.
“We have no information regarding terror threat to BJP leaders,” he said. Yesterday, Shinde said adequate security has been given to BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. “We have given adequate security to Modi,” he had said.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman had yesterday cited media reports which quoted Intelligence sources as saying that the lives of the top BJP leaders were under threat. “There is a threat to all BJP leaders. Based on IB sources, a section of media has been reporting that the BJP leaders’ lives are under threat and the BJP is very concerned and worried,” she had said.