Allaying concerns of BJP that their leaders were under threat, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday assured the party that they will be provided security.
He said this after a BJP delegation led by Ravi Shankar Prasad met him and urged him to ensure security of BJP leaders during the Lok Sabha elections.
“All BJP leaders who are under threat will be provided security,” Shinde told reporters after the meeting.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Prasad said they raised the issue of terror threat to BJP leaders and requested him to ensure fool-proof security to them during campaigning.
“There are some elements who want to hamper election process. We told him to ensure proper security,” he said.
The Home Minister, however, said the government has no information about possible threat to them from terror groups.
“We have no information regarding terror threat to BJP leaders,” he said. Yesterday, Shinde said adequate security has been given to BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. “We have given adequate security to Modi,” he had said.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman had yesterday cited media reports which quoted Intelligence sources as saying that the lives of the top BJP leaders were under threat. “There is a threat to all BJP leaders. Based on IB sources, a section of media has been reporting that the BJP leaders’ lives are under threat and the BJP is very concerned and worried,” she had said.