Allaying concerns of BJP that their leaders were under threat, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday assured the party that they will be provided security.
He said this after a BJP delegation led by Ravi Shankar Prasad met him and urged him to ensure security of BJP leaders during the Lok Sabha elections.
“All BJP leaders who are under threat will be provided security,” Shinde told reporters after the meeting.
Prasad said they raised the issue of terror threat to BJP leaders and requested him to ensure fool-proof security to them during campaigning.
“There are some elements who want to hamper election process. We told him to ensure proper security,” he said.
The Home Minister, however, said the government has no information about possible threat to them from terror groups.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We have no information regarding terror threat to BJP leaders,” he said. Yesterday, Shinde said adequate security has been given to BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. “We have given adequate security to Modi,” he had said.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman had yesterday cited media reports which quoted Intelligence sources as saying that the lives of the top BJP leaders were under threat. “There is a threat to all BJP leaders. Based on IB sources, a section of media has been reporting that the BJP leaders’ lives are under threat and the BJP is very concerned and worried,” she had said.