- BJP deploys big guns as campaign enters last lap
- Poll campaign hit crescendo; Modi, Shah, Sonia, Kejriwal at rallies
- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
BJP leaders meet Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh
Several senior BJP leaders on Saturday met Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi and party chief Rajnath Singh amid hectic preparations ahead of the new NDA government taking charge on Monday.
Modi’s close aide Amit Shah and BJP general secretary J P Nadda reached Gujarat Bhawan here almost together this morning to meet the Prime Minister-elect. Shah later met Rajnath Singh.
Senior party leader and former party chief M Venkaiah Naidu reached Gujarat Bhawan a little later. Uma Bharti, who won from Jhansi Lok Sabha seat, also met Modi.
Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas Athawale also met Modi. He has already gone on record hoping to get a berth in the Modi Cabinet.
There was a steady stream of visitors at Rajnath Singh’s Ashoka Road residence also.
Prominent among those who met the BJP chief were party MPs Maneka Gandhi and Udit Raj and senior Delhi unit leader and Rajya Sabha member Vijay Goel. Former Union minister in the NDA government I D Swamy also met Singh.
BJP general secretary Ram Lal also met the party chief.
Preparations for formation of government have gained momentum with top BJP leaders engaged in a series of confabulations ahead of Modi’s swearing in on Monday.