Modi’s close aide Amit Shah and BJP general secretary J P Nadda reached Gujarat Bhawan here almost together this morning to meet the Prime Minister-elect. Shah later met Rajnath Singh.
Senior party leader and former party chief M Venkaiah Naidu reached Gujarat Bhawan a little later. Uma Bharti, who won from Jhansi Lok Sabha seat, also met Modi.
Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas Athawale also met Modi. He has already gone on record hoping to get a berth in the Modi Cabinet.
There was a steady stream of visitors at Rajnath Singh’s Ashoka Road residence also.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Prominent among those who met the BJP chief were party MPs Maneka Gandhi and Udit Raj and senior Delhi unit leader and Rajya Sabha member Vijay Goel. Former Union minister in the NDA government I D Swamy also met Singh.
BJP general secretary Ram Lal also met the party chief.
Preparations for formation of government have gained momentum with top BJP leaders engaged in a series of confabulations ahead of Modi’s swearing in on Monday.