Gunning for Himachal Chief Minister’s head, BJP leaders in the state on Sunday said Virbhadra Singh had “no moral right” to continue in office after Congress suffered the most humiliating defeat in the Lok Sabha elections.
“The Congress, under the leadership of Virbhadra Singh, has suffered the most humiliating defeat. Besides defeat in 59 out of 68 assembly constituencies, his wife Pratibha Singh also lost from Mandi seat and as such, Singh has no moral right to continue in office,” the leaders said in a statement in Shimla.
Stating that chief ministers of those states which had lost to BJP had offered to resign, the leaders, including former Himachal Assembly Speaker Gulab Singh, former minister Ravinder Singh Ravi, and Rajya Sabha MP Vimla Kashyap, said “Singh has not shown the moral courage to resign and was sticking to his chair”.
The BJP leaders said that during the entire campaign, the Chief Minister had denied any ‘Modi wave’ but now he was attributing the defeat of the party to ‘Modi wave’ to downplay the poor performance of the party.
The BJP not only secured lead in 33 out 34 assembly constituencies in Kangra and Hamirpur parliamentary constituencies but also led in 14 out of 17 assembly segments in Shimla, Solan and Sirmaur districts, considered to be strongholds of the party, they said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The leaders also alleged that the Virbhadra Singh cabinet was taking certain decisions which have no moral sanction after the defeat of the party.