BJP MP Yogi Adityanath has intensified his attack on Muslims, blaming the community for all the riots that have taken place in Uttar Pradesh, where his party is gearing up for bypolls in 11 seats.
Adityanath, who is among the three party leaders entrusted with leading the BJP campaign for the upcoming bypolls in Uttar Pradesh, said on Aap Ki Adalat programme on India TV that there are three categories of places where communal riots occur.
“In places where there are 10 to 20 per cent minorities, stray communal incidents take place. Where there are 20 to 35 per cent of them, serious communal riots take place and where they are more than 35 per cent, there is no place for non-Muslims,” he said.
Justifying his provocative speeches in the past, in which he said if a Hindu is killed 10 Muslims will be killed in retaliation, the Gorakhpur MP said, “Whatever I had then said was conditional. If the other is a danav (devil), not a manav (human), then one has to reply. If I have a mala (rosary) in one hand, I also carry a bhala (javelin) in the other. As a sanyasi, I can also punish the evil elements.”
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
The BJP MP has been under attack after two CDs recently surfaced in which he is shown making inflammatory speeches. “If you (minorities) kill one of us, do not expect that you will remain safe. If the other side doesn’t stay in peace, we’ll teach them how to stay in peace in the language they understand,” he said.
His party leaders refused to comment on the remarks. One BJP leader, however, said Adityanath’s comments would “embarrass” the party leaders. “One has to draw a line somewhere,” he said.
Interestingly, Adityanath, who has been vocal on the party’s campaign against “love jihad”, attributed the origin of the term to Communist veteran and former Kerala CM V S Achuthanandan. “Everyone knows that love jihad is a part of the strategy to turn India into a Muslim country,” he said.
Adityanath asked if any Muslim priest can celebrate Diwali or Holi. “If you want to live here, you will have to respect Indian culture and traditions. You cannot have your body here but mind in Pakistan.”