Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha was on Wednesday granted bail by a lower court. He was accused in connection with the alleged assault on a senior government official on June 2.
Sinha was produced in a local court on June 3 and subsequently sent to judicial custody after he refused to furnish a bail bond. He along with 54 of his supporters were sent to jail for allegedly assaulting general manager of Hazaribagh branch of Jharkhand State Electricity Board.
Earlier, BJP veteran L K Advani on Tuesday met party colleague Yashwant Sinha in jail in Hazaribagh and asked him to secure bail and lead the party in the Jharkhand Assembly elections later this year, describing him as the “right person” for the chief minister’s post.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen