Hitting out at Congress leader Ajay Maken for raising the issue of Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani’s educational qualification, BJP leader Ramesh Puskar on Wednesday said the Constitution did not mandate educational qualification for being an MP.
“Our Constitution does not underline educational qualification to contest elections. Ajay Maken’s statement against the HRD minister is irrelevant,” Puskar said.
Reacting to Maken’s tweet that Irani is not even a graduate but still got the high profile HRD portfolio, Puskar said, “Maken should also refer to how many non graduate ministers had been given ministerial portfolios in previous Congress governments.”
“People don’t elect their representatives on the basis of educational qualifications in a democracy. Instead, they see the spirit and commitment of a representative to serve them.” Puskar asked the Congress to respect the people’s mandate to NDA. “Wait to see the (BJP) government’s performance before airing views,” he added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched