After announcement of Lok Sabha elections, BJP today said it was ready to take on Congress which will be ousted due to its corruption and misgovernance coupled with price rise that has hurt the common people of the country.
With Uttar Pradesh, which has 80 seats, a priority state, BJP also sought blacklisting of 132 officials there and urged the Election Commission not to give them any poll-related work, alleging that they “have acted like party workers” in the past.
“BJP is ready for elections and would declare its candidates soon…. Congress’ corruption company and ordinance factory has been locked. “In every phase of this election, public will put a nail in the coffin of the Congress regime due to corruption and misgovernance by it and due to the price rise that has hit the common man. The party has completed all formalities for polls and appointed conveners and incharges in all nine lakh polling booths,” BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
He said the party has decided to launch the “One note, Kamal par vote” programme in a big way, besides working on social media, which has an important role to play in these elections. The BJP leader said the party is also chalking out a programme of top party leaders like Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh, L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley to address public meeting across the country.
Attacking the Congress and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he said they have no achievement to show to the public and the ruling party today stands in despair and disappointment ahead of their impending defeat. “This election will completely wipe out the Congress due to its misdeeds. BJP will emerge victorious and will
get a majority going by the atmosphere in favour of the party and our prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi,” he said.
The party, he said, had fielded 433 candidates in the 2009 elections against 382 in the 2004 Lok Sabha polls