While the BJP resents the idea of a ‘third front’ at the national level, the party is set to create one in Tamil Nadu by forging a pre-poll alliance with smaller parties to strengthen its electoral prospects in the state.
The BJP has already sealed the deal with MDMK, led by Vaiko, and party president Rajnath Singh has engaged both the PMK and DMDK in alliance talks.
While PMK leader and former Union minister Anbumany Ramadoss met Rajnath a while back on the issue of a pre-poll alliance, party sources said the BJP chief recently spoke to a point person of DMDK leader Vijaykanth over phone.
While the BJP has been on the fringe of Tamil Nadu politics, which is dominated by two Dravidian parties, the saffron party had won three Lok Sabha seats in the state when it contested the elections in alliance with the AIADMK in 1998. It bagged four seats when it contested in an alliance with the DMK, MDMK and PMK in 1999.
Though DMK supremo M Karunanidhi praised Narendra Modi recently, the BJP is wary of engaging with the party, given its alleged links with the 2G spectrum allocation scam. Consequently, the BJP is relying on the MDMK, PMK and the DMDK.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More