Amid reports that talks between BJP and TDP in Andhra Pradesh failed to make a headway, BJP spokesman and MP Prakash Javadekar on Friday hoped that parties opposed to Congress would quickly clinch an electoral understanding.
In an apparent reference to the talks with TDP over seat-sharing in Andhra Pradesh, he said time is running out to seal the understanding that would facilitate a joint fight against Congress.
“I welcome those who give suggestions, those who give the slogan ‘Congress hatao Desh bachao’. But, there must be a joint effort to do that. It cannot be an isolated, different effort. And to that end, yes, we are in dialogue with some of them.
“But, let me also remind that there is little time left. It cannot be an endless debate, endless talks. No way. Therefore, I hope in the national interest, all the parties and other forces, those who want ‘Congress hatao Desh bachao’ will also realise the importance of time and clinching the issues so that we can jointly fight,” he said.
Javadekar was speaking at a meeting of the office bearers of the newly-formed Andhra Pradesh unit of BJP, headed by former MLA K Haribabu.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Former Union Minister D Purandeswari, whose name is doing the rounds as the party’s candidate for Vijayawada Lok Sabha seat, also attended the meeting.
Recalling the BJP’s efforts in getting special status for Seemandhra in the division of AP, Javadekar said the region should elect BJP candidates in the interest of development.
According to TDP sources, talks between the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the BJP over a poll alliance to the Lok Sabha and the Andhra Pradesh assembly, have failed to make any headway so far, after the latter insisted on at least 50 per cent seats in the Telangana region.