The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is organising an orientation programme for the party’s newly elected MPs. The meeting, which is being attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh among others, is being held at Surajkund in the national capital.
The first to address the meet was the Prime Minister himself, who, according to reports, asked the MPs to refrain from speaking to the media out of turn, adding that they must stay away from corruption and dynasty politics. The Prime Minister also directed the MPs to concentrate on work more and not engage in blamegame.
The Prime Minister also gave tips on how to maintain standards in public life and take the message of good governance to the people, and guided the MPs on how to nurture their respective constituencies and make use of the media, especially the social media in spreading the party message.
Earlier, BJP sources had indicated that the meeting would give an opportunity to party MPs to interact with each other and develop a camaraderie.
According to them, the BJP has been organising such training camps for newly elected MPs after every elections. After the previous Lok Sabha elections, the meeting was held at at Jhinjholi in Haryana, they said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
About Modi’s role in the meeting, a party sources had said, “Given his responsibilities as PM, we are not sure whether he will be present on both days, but he is expected to attend at least one session.”
Party leaders underlined the importance of the meet, saying that a large number of participants are first-time MPs and, consequently, need orientation about their roles as BJP members in Parliament. Additionally, the meet will also outline the party’s expectations from the MPs during the next five years.
Party leaders involved in preparations also suggested that the meet would provide an opportunity to new MPs to interact with each other and share their political experience so they can develop a bond a form a cohesive ‘team BJP’ in Parliament.