The BJP on Wednesday accused Congress of being confused about its poll campaign and strategy as its top leadership continued to launch personal attacks on BJP leaders while resenting such attacks on their own leaders.
“There is utter confusion in the Congress war room. Their strategy is going haywire. Rahul Gandhi first said he does not approve of personal attacks and then launched a personal attack on (Narendra) Modiji’s affidavit… “An emotional appeal from Priyanka Vadra that says personal matters should not be raised. Today, she also raised personal matters again. Why can’t Congress make up its mind,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
The BJP reaction comes in the wake of Priyanka targeting Narendra Modi by raising the snoopgate issue saying, “If you want to empower women, then why listen to their private conversations.”
Sitharaman said Congress party has no message to give to the people during elections and was trying to run away from answering the questions raised by the people on economy, unemployment and lack of development.
“Congress party has no message…They are absolutely confused. Whether they want to run away from answering questions…are we going to be personal…are we going to be emotional…you owe an answer to the people of India for messing up the economy for the last ten years.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“You are not answering the questions raised. The people of India want to know why they are losing their jobs, why there is no power, why they have to pay through their nose for their basic essentials,” she said.
After Priyanka said she strongly feels about attacks on her husband, BJP said while she wants people to refrain from personal attacks, Congress has been targeting Narendra Modi on a variety of issues including his marital status.
Agreeing that “personal issues” should not be raked up, BJP leader Arun Jaitley said, “issues of probity are public issues. They are not personal issues.” He was apparently referring to allegations relating to land deals against Priyanka’s husband Robert Vadra.
Jaitley said he was glad that Priyanka has made a statement on Vadra and “I only hope her immediate family and her party heeds to her advice.”
The BJP leader said Priyanka’s friends in the Congress would now hopefully realise that they had personalised their attack on Modi relating to his marital status, the snoopgate issue “without a shred of evidence”.
Sitharaman also said that Congress party should now take the counsel of Priyanka before they make a personal comment on others.
On the snooping issue, she said, “The woman in question is not concerned about it, her father appealed that she be left alone. Here is a case of a woman who was oppressed by a senior bureaucrat… “They are suddenly getting worries about the safety of women. Congress party should be worried about women who have been affected by the conduct of their Ministers.”
She said when issue of corruption by Robert Vadra is raised they say he is a private citizen, then why they are intruding in other private citizen’s lives.
Another BJP Spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said “there is a difference between what Priyanka Vadra speaks and what she believes in. Because since yesterday she is talking of no personal attack yet she is doing the same.”
She also accused Congress-led UPA government of giving licences for putting up American servers in India, which are “snooping” on India.