- The Big Picture: What’s AAP
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Bus from Burari laden with volunteers and hope
- Rare day out for AAP families
- Riot of support for AAP in communal hot spots
- Hunt on for CM house, will not accept Z-plus security
- No word from high command, Delhi Congress in a paralysis
- Latest News
- Second time at Ramlila Maidan: Hope overrides their doubts
- Kejriwal has no portfolio, will keep an eye on others
- In sea of white caps, BJP troika plans to be ‘forceful opposition’
- MP, MLA see Punjab as the next AAP stop
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Arvind Kejriwal repeats his advice to sting the corrupt, asks police to act against ‘goondagardi’
- Proud that one of our volunteers has become Delhi CM: Anna Hazare
- Arvind Kejriwal not to keep any portfolio
- Now an Aam Aadmi Party Cola by beverage-maker inspired by Arvind Kejriwal’s party
- New chief minister Arvind Kejriwal holds meetings at Delhi Secretariat
- Cong’s Ajay Maken blames Sheila Dikshit for Delhi polls debacle
- Left, right, AAP
BJP hits out at Rahul, Priyanka; says Congress is confused about its poll strategy
The BJP on Wednesday accused Congress of being confused about its poll campaign and strategy as its top leadership continued to launch personal attacks on BJP leaders while resenting such attacks on their own leaders.
“There is utter confusion in the Congress war room. Their strategy is going haywire. Rahul Gandhi first said he does not approve of personal attacks and then launched a personal attack on (Narendra) Modiji’s affidavit… “An emotional appeal from Priyanka Vadra that says personal matters should not be raised. Today, she also raised personal matters again. Why can’t Congress make up its mind,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
The BJP reaction comes in the wake of Priyanka targeting Narendra Modi by raising the snoopgate issue saying, “If you want to empower women, then why listen to their private conversations.”
Sitharaman said Congress party has no message to give to the people during elections and was trying to run away from answering the questions raised by the people on economy, unemployment and lack of development.
“Congress party has no message…They are absolutely confused. Whether they want to run away from answering questions…are we going to be personal…are we going to be emotional…you owe an answer to the people of India for messing up the economy for the last ten years.
“You are not answering the questions raised. The people of India want to know why they are losing their jobs, why there is no power, why they have to pay through their nose for their basic essentials,” she said.
After Priyanka said she strongly feels about attacks on her husband, BJP said while she wants people to refrain from personal attacks, Congress has been targeting Narendra Modi on a variety of issues including his marital status.
Agreeing that “personal issues” should not be raked up, BJP leader Arun Jaitley said, “issues of probity are public issues. They are not personal issues.” He was apparently referring to allegations relating to land deals against Priyanka’s husband Robert Vadra.
Jaitley said he was glad that Priyanka has made a statement on Vadra and “I only hope her immediate family and her party heeds to her advice.”
The BJP leader said Priyanka’s friends in the Congress would now hopefully realise that they had personalised their attack on Modi relating to his marital status, the snoopgate issue “without a shred of evidence”.
Sitharaman also said that Congress party should now take the counsel of Priyanka before they make a personal comment on others.
On the snooping issue, she said, “The woman in question is not concerned about it, her father appealed that she be left alone. Here is a case of a woman who was oppressed by a senior bureaucrat… “They are suddenly getting worries about the safety of women. Congress party should be worried about women who have been affected by the conduct of their Ministers.”
She said when issue of corruption by Robert Vadra is raised they say he is a private citizen, then why they are intruding in other private citizen’s lives.
Another BJP Spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said “there is a difference between what Priyanka Vadra speaks and what she believes in. Because since yesterday she is talking of no personal attack yet she is doing the same.”
She also accused Congress-led UPA government of giving licences for putting up American servers in India, which are “snooping” on India.