Taking strong exception to Rahul Gandhi’s comparison of Narendra Modi with Adolf Hitler, BJP on Wednesday accused Congress of having come down to use of “abusive” language in view of its “inevitable defeat” in polls and said such language did not bode well for the country’s polity.
The opposition party also reminded Congress of bringing Hitler’s ideology to India first by imposing Emergency and said the people of the country who have not forgotten it will give a “befitting” reply to it in the polls.
BJP said it will continue to reply to Congress’ use of such language by not crossing its limits and accused Gandhi of being “rattled” due to the “impending” defeat.
“Rahul Gandhi has attacked the Sangh and BJP’s leader, whom he fears, by addressing him as ‘Hitler’. It is unfortunate…BJP does not accept the use of such language for its leader. BJP considers this a statement given by Gandhi after being rattled by the impending defeat in polls.
“Congress always has a slip of tongue ahead of every election. In the past, Congress leaders had used phrases like ‘Maut ke saudagar’ (merchant of death) and the people of Gujarat have given a befitting reply to it in the assembly elections. This time too, the people of the country will give a befitting reply to it,” BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He accused the Congress of using such language and phrases ahead of every election and said the ruling party and its leaders are losing patience due to their poll debacle ahead.
Hussain said Gandhi has forgotten that while he is giving sermons to his party’s spokespersons, he himself is not adopting restraint and, instead of listing the achievements of his government in the last ten years, is resorting to use of such language.