BJP on Tuesday hit back at Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his dig at the party, saying he should concentrate on providing good governance in his state where even elected representatives are not “safe”.
Abdullah had sarcastically said on Monday that he would not stop opposing BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi even if it meant going to Pakistan, in a reference to Bihar BJP leader Giriraj Singh’s controversial statement that Modi-baiters should go to Pakistan after elections. “What is our position on Giriraj Singh’s comments we have made it very clear,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, underlining the party’s disassociation with his comments.
“Abdullah should remember that going to Pakistan or criticising Modi are alright for him but what is happening in J&K. Sarpanches and their family members are getting killed. In the past too, such law and order problems occurred where he failed to protect even elected representatives,” she said.
Sitharaman said, “I think what is important for Jammu and Kashmir CM is to concentrate in his state and provide governance so that people have every reason to feel they are in safe hands.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More