Slamming opposition parties for creating controversy over ‘Har Har Modi’ slogan in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections, BJP on Wednesday sought to distance itself from the chant saying it had never created such a slogan at all.
“BJP strongly condemns the hue and cry by the opposition parties over the slogan ‘Har Har Modi and terms it as a helpless and detestable mindset to weaken the popularity and acceptability of Narendra Modi,” Vijay Kumar Malhotra, chairman of the Delhi BJP’s Election Campaign Committee, told reporters here.
Malhotra said party had not officially issued such a slogan ‘Har Har Modi’ for the Lok Sabha elections; instead, it was created by some persons.
“BJP has nothing to do with ‘Har Har Modi’, despite this, opposition parties are creating controversies over this slogan. Instead, party has officially issued this slogan – “Abki Baar Modi Sarkar”,” Malhotra said.
Malhotra said that opposition parties want to make the slogan – “Har Har Modi” – a political issue and they are not concerned about the belief and sentiments of the Hindus.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Congress leaders are creating hue and cry over such slogan, but I want to ask them why the UPA-led government has omitted Shivratri from the list of holidays. BJP requests Central Government to announce holidays on the occasion of Shivratri every year,” he said.
BJP leader also said that he had written to Delhi Chief Electoral Officer demanding stern action against the DDA for openly making false announcements during elections.
“In a Hindi daily, DDA has published news under the headings – ‘Chunav Ke Baad DDA Dwara 45000 flaton ka Tohfa’ (After elections, DDA to come up with 45000 flats) and ‘DDA ke Rehaishi Makaano Me Khol Sakenge Dukaane’ (Commercial activities can be run in residential area). We have written to EC demanding strict action against DDA over this matter,” Malhotra said.
Former chairman of MCD (Shahdra zone) Avdesh Singh and Bharitya Kissan Union’s Delhi president Dushyant Kumar along with their supporters joined BJP during the press conference.