Launching an attack on former ally for raking up contentious issues like Ram Temple, Article 370 and uniform civil code, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said BJP had digressed from the path of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
“BJP in its new avatar has digressed from the path of their tallest leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee,” Kumar said at anelection rally at Madhusarwa village here in Arwal district.
The three contentious issues in the BJP manifesto released on Monday were kept out of NDA agenda during regime of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in which Kumar was a minister.
Criticising BJP for bringing back Ayodhya issue into focus, Kumar said, “Kasam Ram ki khate hai mandir wahi banayege, par tarikh nahin batayenge (we vow in the name of Lord Ram to build the temple there, but will not give the date for it),” he said rephrasing the BJP slogan.
“Insan ke sath sath bhagwan ko bhi dhoka de rahe hai (Not just people, they are cheating even the god),” he said. He also accused the saffron party of “playing a joke” in the name of special category status for Bihar.
“BJP leaders have time and again committing to provide special status to Bihar if voted to power, but it is not part of their manifesto,” he said. Highlighting development works of his government in the state in last 8 years, Kumar warned if the people did not strengthen his hands in the parliamentary elections, the development process would be halted.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Attacking BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he asked “whether a person whose very name triggered fear among Muslims can keep the country united?”