The BJP today issued a showcase notice to Darbhanga MP Kirti Azad, asking him to explain within 10 days why he should not be expelled from the party after he targeted Finance Minister Arun Jaitley over alleged irregularities in the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
BJP sources described the notice, which accused Azad of “indiscipline” and “anti-party” activities, as a standard follow-up to the MP’s suspension.
- No shield of party discipline for Arun Jaitley: Kirti Azad reply to BJP
- Congress ministers on DDCA panel silent on corruption: Kirti Azad
- DDCA Row: Why BJP Suspended Kirti Azad & What It Means
- Asked to explain, Kirti tells Amit Shah to give him ‘proof of anti-party activities’
- Day after suspension, Kirti Azad seeks ‘justice’ from PM Narendra Modi
- DDCA issue: BJP suspends Kirti Azad, Amit Shah says 'You sided with Cong, AAP to embarrass us'
The BJP suspended Azad on December 23, with party chief Amit Shah informing the MP in a letter that he had “made several statements in the media. which constitute anti-party activities and such unfounded statements and allegations were clearly intended to bring disrepute to the party and its office bearers”.
The showcause notice spells out the “anti-party” activities, including his allegations against the DDCA and the demand in the Lok Sabha for a CBI probe, even though the BJP and the government had refuted similar charges levelled by Opposition parties such as the Congress and AAP, sources said.
With PTI inputs
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: January 1, 2016 2:08 am