The BJP today issued a showcase notice to Darbhanga MP Kirti Azad, asking him to explain within 10 days why he should not be expelled from the party after he targeted Finance Minister Arun Jaitley over alleged irregularities in the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
BJP sources described the notice, which accused Azad of “indiscipline” and “anti-party” activities, as a standard follow-up to the MP’s suspension.
- No shield of party discipline for Arun Jaitley: Kirti Azad reply to BJP
- Congress ministers on DDCA panel silent on corruption: Kirti Azad
- DDCA Row: Why BJP Suspended Kirti Azad & What It Means
- Asked to explain, Kirti tells Amit Shah to give him ‘proof of anti-party activities’
- Day after suspension, Kirti Azad seeks ‘justice’ from PM Narendra Modi
- DDCA issue: BJP suspends Kirti Azad, Amit Shah says 'You sided with Cong, AAP to embarrass us'
The BJP suspended Azad on December 23, with party chief Amit Shah informing the MP in a letter that he had “made several statements in the media. which constitute anti-party activities and such unfounded statements and allegations were clearly intended to bring disrepute to the party and its office bearers”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The showcause notice spells out the “anti-party” activities, including his allegations against the DDCA and the demand in the Lok Sabha for a CBI probe, even though the BJP and the government had refuted similar charges levelled by Opposition parties such as the Congress and AAP, sources said.
With PTI inputs