The BJP today issued a showcase notice to Darbhanga MP Kirti Azad, asking him to explain within 10 days why he should not be expelled from the party after he targeted Finance Minister Arun Jaitley over alleged irregularities in the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
BJP sources described the notice, which accused Azad of “indiscipline” and “anti-party” activities, as a standard follow-up to the MP’s suspension.
- No shield of party discipline for Arun Jaitley: Kirti Azad reply to BJP
- DDCA Row: Why BJP Suspended Kirti Azad & What It Means
- Asked to explain, Kirti tells Amit Shah to give him ‘proof of anti-party activities’
- Day after suspension, Kirti Azad seeks ‘justice’ from PM Narendra Modi
- Subramanian Swamy to help suspended Kriti Azad draft reply to BJP
- DDCA issue: BJP suspends Kirti Azad, Amit Shah says 'You sided with Cong, AAP to embarrass us'
The BJP suspended Azad on December 23, with party chief Amit Shah informing the MP in a letter that he had “made several statements in the media. which constitute anti-party activities and such unfounded statements and allegations were clearly intended to bring disrepute to the party and its office bearers”.
The showcause notice spells out the “anti-party” activities, including his allegations against the DDCA and the demand in the Lok Sabha for a CBI probe, even though the BJP and the government had refuted similar charges levelled by Opposition parties such as the Congress and AAP, sources said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
With PTI inputs