Accusing Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal of levelling “defamatory” allegations against Narendra Modi and its other leaders, BJP t on Monday filed a complaint against him with electoral authorities, alleging it violated the model code of conduct.
“We have filed the complaint with the Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer against Kejriwal for making defamatory and false statements and hurling charges on personal character, constituting violation of the model code of conduct,” BJP leader Suresh Kumar told reporters after filing the complaint.
He said Kejriwal has violated laws under Section 505 (2) and 171 G of Indian Penal Code and under 123(4) of Representation of People Act. “Hence, we request you (EC) to take stringent action against Kejriwal,” he said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Kumar said Kejriwal had made accusations without any basis and material on record against BJP, knowing well they are false. “Kejriwal is doing this to affect the chances of BJP in the Lok Sabha elections,” he added.
During his speech at Freedom Park here yesterday, Suresh Kumar said Kejriwal used “defamatory, derogatory, bad and intemperate language” against Modi, the Prime Ministerial candidate of BJP, who is known for his provenance and integrity in governance and administration.
He said Kejriwal has least respect for the law of the country when he stated that even if a case of defamation is booked against him, he will not care.
“Kejriwal has made false allegations like in Gujarat, for instance, to get a driving license you have to pay Rs 5,000, further to get a DySP transferred you have to pay Rs 2.75 crore and also that if he (Modi) becomes the Prime Minister, he will fix a price for everything,” Kumar said.
He alleged Kejriwal is a campaigner who promotes and proclaims falsities in public places.
“Without any material or base, he has vaguely abused former Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and several other leaders of BJP that they have indulged in corruption,” he said.