Accusing Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal of levelling “defamatory” allegations against Narendra Modi and its other leaders, BJP t on Monday filed a complaint against him with electoral authorities, alleging it violated the model code of conduct.
“We have filed the complaint with the Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer against Kejriwal for making defamatory and false statements and hurling charges on personal character, constituting violation of the model code of conduct,” BJP leader Suresh Kumar told reporters after filing the complaint.
He said Kejriwal has violated laws under Section 505 (2) and 171 G of Indian Penal Code and under 123(4) of Representation of People Act. “Hence, we request you (EC) to take stringent action against Kejriwal,” he said.
Kumar said Kejriwal had made accusations without any basis and material on record against BJP, knowing well they are false. “Kejriwal is doing this to affect the chances of BJP in the Lok Sabha elections,” he added.
During his speech at Freedom Park here yesterday, Suresh Kumar said Kejriwal used “defamatory, derogatory, bad and intemperate language” against Modi, the Prime Ministerial candidate of BJP, who is known for his provenance and integrity in governance and administration.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said Kejriwal has least respect for the law of the country when he stated that even if a case of defamation is booked against him, he will not care.
“Kejriwal has made false allegations like in Gujarat, for instance, to get a driving license you have to pay Rs 5,000, further to get a DySP transferred you have to pay Rs 2.75 crore and also that if he (Modi) becomes the Prime Minister, he will fix a price for everything,” Kumar said.
He alleged Kejriwal is a campaigner who promotes and proclaims falsities in public places.
“Without any material or base, he has vaguely abused former Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and several other leaders of BJP that they have indulged in corruption,” he said.