1. The Election Commission on Wednesday denies permission to Narendra Modi for holding a rally in Varanasi citing security reasons.
3. BJP writes to the Election Commission demanding the removal of the Returning Officer, who denied permission for Modi’s rally.
4. The Election Commission, in a late night communication to party leader Arun Jaitley, says that it cannot overlook the “security concerns” in the matter. It also expresses surprise and disappointment at the party’s decision to hold protests on the matter. READ FULL STORY HERE
5. BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday launches a blistering attack on the Election Commission accusing it of being partisan and biased. READ FULL STORY HERE
6. BJP leaders sit on dharna outside the BHU. READ FULL STORY HERE
7. Top BJP leaders including Arun Jaitley and Amit Shah join the protest.
8. Delhi Police imposes prohibitory orders outside the CEC office in Delhi to stop the protesting BJP workers. READ FULL STORY HERE
9. The Election Commission justifies the decision to deny permission to Modi’s rally in Varanasi and comes to the defence of the District Magistrate whose removal is being demanded by the BJP. READ FULL STORY HERE
10. Narendra Modi displays show of strength as he begins his roadshow in Varanasi.