- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
BJP distances itself from manhandling of Prashant Bhushan in Indore
BJP on Sunday distanced itself from the manhandling of Aam Aadmi Party’s Prashant Bhushan in Indore by an activist of a fringe organisation led by a party leader.
“Our party never supports such type of acts… Taking law into our own hand is not a right thing and the BJP condemns such acts. The law will take its own course,” Madhya Pradesh BJP spokesman Vijendra Singh Sisodia told reporters.
An activist of a right-wing organisation ‘Devpath’, led by local BJP leader Mukesh Rajawat, had abused Bhushan during a press conference here on April 18 for his earlier controversial remarks on Kashmir. The activist also snatched off the AAP cap Bhushan was wearing.
On a complaint of AAP, police late last night arrested Rajwat and two others. They were later released them on bail.