BJP on Wednesday demanded strict action from the Election Commission against Congress and Samajwadi Party for vitiaiting atmosphere by alleged use of “derogatory and communal” language in the electioneering.
BJP Vice President M A Naqvi, along with leaders Nirmala Sitharaman and J P Nadda met the EC officials and submitted a
memorandum complaining use of abusive language by both the parties.
“Congress and SP leaders are trying to communalise the atmosphere during the elections in the last few days. They are also using derogatory and abusive language and we have lodge complaint to the EC. We have asked the EC to take strict action against those who are trying to vitiate the atmosphere,” said Naqvi said after the meeting.
Asked about the poll panel’s response, the BJP Vice President said “the Commission assured us that they werekeeping a close watch on the poll related activities and won’t allow any such incident which could damage the peaceful atmosphere in the country.”
Referring to the cases, he said that the UP government has falsely lodged an FIR against party general secretary Amit Shah out of political bias.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Then UP Minister, Chief Minister, SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma have been using foul language, which can incite communal passion. They are trying to vitiating the peaceful atmosphere,” he said, adding so we have demanded action against all of them which including a UP Minister also.”
Terming SP leader Azam Khan’s statement on Kargil war as an unfortunate attempt to communalise the martydom of soldiers, he said, “a soldier who is sacrificing his life for the country is not a Muslim or Hindu or Sikh or Christian but the son of the country. We asked for immediate action on this issue.”
When asked about complaint filed by Congress against Narendra Modi on alleged misuse of official machinery in Vadodara, Naqvi said while they were busy in campiagning, Congress was busy in complaining.
“Our Prime Ministerial candidate and our party leadership were completely busy in campaigning. Today, we came to lodge complaint because of the extra-ordinary situation,” he said.
Taking a dig at Congress, he said “Congress was busy in complaining because they do not have anything else to do. They are not only complaining against us but against EC also saying EVM can be tampered, extension of timing on polling day was also not correct.”