Bharatiya Janta Party on Sunday sought cancellation of Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma’s nomination over his allegations against Narendra Modi and said his remarks were in line with the Congress’ “desperate” strategy of unleashing personal attacks.
Terming Verma’s utterances “despicable” and “absolute bottom”, party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said Congress must clarify its stand and should apologise, adding that it will approach the Election Commission to seek cancellation of his candidature.
“This is despicable, the nadir, the absolute bottom of what we have seen so far…. Verma is a repeat offender. We will approach the EC for cancelling his candidature. We demand that Congress party say whether it is with Verma in his comments or they apologise,” she told reporters.
Sitharaman alleged Verma’s comments are a part of Congress’ strategy, having “understood” after five phases of polling that they are clearly out and BJP-led NDA has emerged as an alternative.
Accusing Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi of being a “hypocrite” as he campaigned for party’s Saharanpur candidate Imran Masood after denouncing his comment that he would cut Modi into pieces, she said Rahul should clarify his stand now that he was against personal attacks.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
On reports that an LJP leader had met separatist Kashmiri leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani, who had claimed that two emissaries of Modi had met him, she said it does not prove anything.
“That is not Modi sending emissaries,” she said.