Days after the RSS decided to act against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over remarks regarding the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi, the BJP on Sunday approached the Election Commission charging Rahul of violating the model code of conduct and demanded the Congress be stripped off its national party tag.
“The entire tone and tenor of Rahul Gandhi’s speech was to incite the feelings of the people and create hatred towards the BJP as well as RSS. A bare reading of his statements makes it clear that they were aimed at putting absolutely false and baseless notions in the minds of the people that the BJP creates confrontation and enmity between Hindus and Muslims as well as amongst other communities and regions and also that members of the BJP and RSS were responsible for the killing of Sh Mahatma Gandhi,” BJP said in its complaint to the EC.
“The intention of Rahul Gandhi was to incite people by falsely portraying the RSS to be responsible for his death and further create a sense of fear amongst the Hindus, Muslims and other communities that the BJP will create tensions between them,” the party said.
“These statements of Rahul Gandhi are not only absolutely false, disgraceful, condemnable, baseless but also an utter violation of the model code of conduct as well as established democratic practices,” BJP told the commission and demanded derecognition of the Congress as a national party.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More