Days after the RSS decided to act against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over remarks regarding the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi, the BJP on Sunday approached the Election Commission charging Rahul of violating the model code of conduct and demanded the Congress be stripped off its national party tag.
“The entire tone and tenor of Rahul Gandhi’s speech was to incite the feelings of the people and create hatred towards the BJP as well as RSS. A bare reading of his statements makes it clear that they were aimed at putting absolutely false and baseless notions in the minds of the people that the BJP creates confrontation and enmity between Hindus and Muslims as well as amongst other communities and regions and also that members of the BJP and RSS were responsible for the killing of Sh Mahatma Gandhi,” BJP said in its complaint to the EC.
“The intention of Rahul Gandhi was to incite people by falsely portraying the RSS to be responsible for his death and further create a sense of fear amongst the Hindus, Muslims and other communities that the BJP will create tensions between them,” the party said.
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
“These statements of Rahul Gandhi are not only absolutely false, disgraceful, condemnable, baseless but also an utter violation of the model code of conduct as well as established democratic practices,” BJP told the commission and demanded derecognition of the Congress as a national party.