Charging the former Congress-led UPA government of “betraying women by not giving reservation to them in decision-making bodies”, BJP on Saturday said it was committed to political empowerment of the fairer sex by granting 33 percent reservation to them.
“Congress-led UPA government has betrayed the women by not granting reservation to them in decision-making bodies. BJP is committed to political empowerment of the women by granting them 33 percent reservation,” BJP Mahila Morcha National President Saroj Pandey told reporters in Jammu.
Pandey said BJP has all along stood for providing reservation to women in Parliament, State Assemblies and other similar bodies.
“BJP has already granted reservation to women in its organisational set-up and shall in the near future, work towards reservation for them in elected bodies,” she said.
“It is unfortunate that Congress was never in favour of such provisions for women and its assertions of standing for gender equality were only election gimmicks,” she added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Replying to a question on BJP’s poll slogan “achche din aayenge” (good days will come), Pandey said people should not get mislead by propaganda of Congress and its allies against the party and instead give some reasonable time to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to achieve the goal of good days.
“The ill effects of accumulated wrongs, misgovernance, corruption and scams of astronomical proportions committed during the past 60 years cannot be undone in just 6 or 60 days,” she said.
Talking about sexual offences, Pandey advocated severe punishment for such crimes and said people’s faith in the law of the land need to be strengthened.
“It is essential that the faith of the society and especially of the women folk must be restored in the rule of law and all the cases of sexual offences must be tried through fast-track courts for early punishment to the culprits,” she said.