Opposition BJP in Uttarakhand on Monday accused the state government of making 190 appointments in the Forest Development Corporation through the ‘back door’ and demanded a judicial probe into the alleged scam.
Harish Rawat government had its own favourites appointed to 190 posts in the corporation through a private agency in violation of the rules, Pradesh BJP spokesman Vinay Goel alleged at a press conference here.
The private agency through which it was done was paid Rs 53.56 lakh for the job, which in itself was a scam, he said.
Noting that as per rules, the state government should have invited applications for the posts and selected eligible candidates from among the applicants, Goel said the administration instead chose to ignore the procedure and roped in a private agency as it wanted its own “favourites” to be appointed to the posts in the corporation.
Alleging that the brazen violation of the norms had taken place at a time when more than 10 lakh educated youths in the state were jobless, the BJP leader demanded a judicial probe into the scam and punishment to the guilty.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016