- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Sabir Ali’s membership cancelled after objection by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and RSS
A day after Bharatiya Janata Party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi expressed his opposition to the induction of Sabir Ali, the party on Saturday cancelled the membership of the expelled JD(U) leader. The RSS had also voiced its objection to the induction of Sabir Ali.
This came after Ali asked the BJP to put its induction on hold till charges against him were cleared.
The Rajya Sabha MP had also offered to quit politics forever if it was proved that he has any connection with terrorist Yasin Bhatkal as alleged by senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
“I have written a letter to Dharmendra Pradhan to keep my membership on hold. I have also asked him to form a committee in this regard and enquire into my case on the basis of these allegations. If they find these allegations true even distantly, I will quit politics forever,” Ali told reporters.
Ali challenged Naqvi to prove the allegations, saying he has not even seen Bhaktal in his dreams, but came to know only through newspapers.
“I am asking if he has the guts to prove? If not he should quit politics. I am ready to do,” he said.
(WITH PTI INPUTS)