In her shrillest attack on BJP which released a video against her husband Robert Vadra on Sunday, Priyanka Gandhi said the party was scurrying around like “baffled” rats and she would not be intimidated by such “lies” but will continue to speak against its “destructive” politics.
The BJP reacted by accusing Congress of taking democratic discourse to a new low with its “abusive” politics.
“They are baffled and running around like rats. I knew that they will repeat their bunch of lies. There is nothing new in it but let them say whatever they want to. I am not afraid of anyone and will continue to speak against their negative, destructive and shameful politics,” Priyanka told reporters after addressing a rally here.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I will not remain quite and I am waiting for them to say more,” she said.
Priyanka was asked about a video and a booklet brought out by BJP on the alleged land deals of her husband which it termed as ‘Robert Vadra model of development’.
BJP has alleged that the ‘Vadra model’ has become successful due to the patronage provided by the Gandhi family to Vadra.
BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said “there was a gross violation of laws relating to land and environment. The influence of the family helped make Vadra big earnings in the deals.”
The six-page booklet titled ‘Damad Shree’ refers to the various deals of Vadra in Rajasthan and Haryana.
Reacting to Priyanka’s remarks, BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, “Calling BJP rats is abusive politics. They have taken democratic discourse to such a low and they have now distorted democracy and hurt democracy.”
He said when the BJP leaders including Narendra Modi are raising “corruption issues, they are trying to divert the attention of the country from important issues such as price rise and corruption.”