In her shrillest attack on BJP which released a video against her husband Robert Vadra on Sunday, Priyanka Gandhi said the party was scurrying around like “baffled” rats and she would not be intimidated by such “lies” but will continue to speak against its “destructive” politics.
The BJP reacted by accusing Congress of taking democratic discourse to a new low with its “abusive” politics.
“They are baffled and running around like rats. I knew that they will repeat their bunch of lies. There is nothing new in it but let them say whatever they want to. I am not afraid of anyone and will continue to speak against their negative, destructive and shameful politics,” Priyanka told reporters after addressing a rally here.
“I will not remain quite and I am waiting for them to say more,” she said.
Priyanka was asked about a video and a booklet brought out by BJP on the alleged land deals of her husband which it termed as ‘Robert Vadra model of development’.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
BJP has alleged that the ‘Vadra model’ has become successful due to the patronage provided by the Gandhi family to Vadra.
BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said “there was a gross violation of laws relating to land and environment. The influence of the family helped make Vadra big earnings in the deals.”
The six-page booklet titled ‘Damad Shree’ refers to the various deals of Vadra in Rajasthan and Haryana.
Reacting to Priyanka’s remarks, BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, “Calling BJP rats is abusive politics. They have taken democratic discourse to such a low and they have now distorted democracy and hurt democracy.”
He said when the BJP leaders including Narendra Modi are raising “corruption issues, they are trying to divert the attention of the country from important issues such as price rise and corruption.”