BJP on Friday attacked Rahul Gandhi for “changing” facts while targeting the party and asked the Congress leadership to introspect over the “lack of faith” of its leaders in the party instead of looking into BJP’s affairs.
Party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said Gandhi had recently attacked BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for claiming the legacy of Sardar Patel and cited certain figures to target the development during the NDA rule. “He was wrong on both counts,” she said.
“Instead of decrying attempts by Narendra Modi to honour Patel as a national leader…, Congress should come clean on how they have celebrated him,” she said, and quoted a report which claimed that over 460 official projects, institutions and other entities were named after members of Gandhi family but almost none, barring the police academy in Hyedrabad, after Patel.
Gandhi, she said, claimed in his rallies that only 2,650 kms of roads were built during the NDA rule even though his own government’s affidavit in Supreme Court said it was 23,814 km.
“I wonder who gives him authority to change facts. Are you trying to mislead the country? Are you trying to reject the affidavit filed by your own government in the Supreme Court?,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Referring to Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s decision to not contest the Lok Sabha poll and defection of Congress leaders like Satpal Maharaj to the BJP, she said there is a challenge to Congress leadership.
“Look at the number of leaving the party, not wanting the ticket… This reflects a lack of faith in the leadership. They should introspect over it rather than looking into affairs of other parties,” she said.