BJP on Friday attacked Rahul Gandhi for “changing” facts while targeting the party and asked the Congress leadership to introspect over the “lack of faith” of its leaders in the party instead of looking into BJP’s affairs.
Party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said Gandhi had recently attacked BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for claiming the legacy of Sardar Patel and cited certain figures to target the development during the NDA rule. “He was wrong on both counts,” she said.
“Instead of decrying attempts by Narendra Modi to honour Patel as a national leader…, Congress should come clean on how they have celebrated him,” she said, and quoted a report which claimed that over 460 official projects, institutions and other entities were named after members of Gandhi family but almost none, barring the police academy in Hyedrabad, after Patel.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Gandhi, she said, claimed in his rallies that only 2,650 kms of roads were built during the NDA rule even though his own government’s affidavit in Supreme Court said it was 23,814 km.
“I wonder who gives him authority to change facts. Are you trying to mislead the country? Are you trying to reject the affidavit filed by your own government in the Supreme Court?,” she said.
Referring to Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s decision to not contest the Lok Sabha poll and defection of Congress leaders like Satpal Maharaj to the BJP, she said there is a challenge to Congress leadership.
“Look at the number of leaving the party, not wanting the ticket… This reflects a lack of faith in the leadership. They should introspect over it rather than looking into affairs of other parties,” she said.